Why Do Men Cheat?




I've asked this question a number of times and I've received all sorts of responses. While some people may argue that not all men cheat, that's not the issue. For the ones that do, why do they? Here are some of the responses I've received, some from men and some from women. (Please share any others you may have).



*Men are just wired that way.

*It's hard to stick to one fruit when you can have a fruit salad.

*One can't keep eating Egusi soup every day, some days you try Okro, Banga, Bitterleaf etc

*Men are naturally polygamous. There's nothing that can be done about it.

*Men only cheat when they are not treated right.

*So many Ice-cream flavours. It's a simple matter of grabbing a spoon.

*Men are dogs... and have eyes for every b*tch (Aren't dogs supposed to be loyal?)

*It's not a big deal, as long as he's taking care of things at home (what does this even mean?)


All sorts... 


These responses remind me of a piece written by Viola Ifeyinwa Okolie and directed at the men - 



*********************************************************


Do you know that everyday a woman walks down the street, she sees fine specimen of manhood she likes? And that they come in all ages, shapes and sizes?



Do you know that when women see these men, their bodies rise to the occasion? ...the feminine equivalent of male soldiers standing to attention only more discreet than their male counterparts?


Do you know that women could have sexual fantasies about people you may know and interact with? Your best friend, your friend's son, your neighbour, that rich dude down the street, the young struggling corp member or intern in your office?


Do you know that women could therefore also be said to be "polygamous by nature" because their sex alarms don't go off ONLY when they see your body?


Do you know why that phrase cannot be used for women? {That's} because more often than not, they pull themselves back to reality and take a look at you, your balding head, spreading midsection, bulges, burps and farts and as you lie there on the sofa with your feet up on the table scratching your hairy balls through your ragged boxers they think: "here's the man I committed to. Let my fantasies just remain fantasies, I'll remain loyal and true to this man because I promised I would"


And they do.

Most women.


It's called integrity, fidelity, loyalty and trustworthiness. Please don't hide your lack of values and integrity under "men are polygamous by nature", that is just a clueless lie.


You are not.


You just don't have enough moral fibre.


And please don't quote advice on men and relationships from Amber Rose, just let me know when Michelle Obama is dispensing advice on relationships.


I'd listen to HER. I might agree or disagree but trust me, I'd LISTEN and respect her views, however different they are from mine.




*********************************************************




Do you agree? Share your thoughts in the comments.

xoxo...
Girlfriends







***You can post comments on this blog using the comment box, which has options of being Anonymous & using an Alias(*Name/URL* Please note that URL is not compulsory) among others***



            



13 comments:

  1. The write up is just on point. Men cant just keep it in one place

    ReplyDelete
  2. But they always expect us to be faithful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nigerian men cheat because Nigerian women let them get away with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. I bet if there were grave consequences like losing all they got, they would calm down.

      Delete
  4. It's not only men. Women cheat too and they are even worse than men

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, women also cheat.

      You should check out today's post on why women cheat. Lol!

      http://123girlfriends.blogspot.com.ng/2016/01/why-do-women-cheat.html

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love this! Especially the later part of it. Men shaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only we as ladies/women will also set standards for ourselves letting them understand that we are not to be degraded or disrespected maybe...just maybe then, they'll start taking us more seriously...we all can't and will not be Annie Idibia *didn't say anything*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to advice any one out there who is experiencing love trauma , Financial difficulty, Child bearing , Miscarriages and so many more. All thanks to Dr. Madu for the good works he has been doing for my family and Friends, For I will always be grateful to Him for the his good works. He helped me with a spell that brought back my broken relationship and also i was able to have a baby after so many miscarriages. You could contact Dr. Madu to on his email: ( maduutemple @ gmail . com )or his Whatsapp : +234 8107 547 068 for his nice spell work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to thank Dr.Agbazara for his job in my family, this is man who left me and the kids for another woman without any good reasons, i was pain and confuse,till one day when i was browsing through the internet with my computer then i saw Dr.Agbazara contact, then i contaced him and he help me cast a reunion spell, since I then the situation has changed, everything is moving well, my husband who left me is now back to his family. reach DR.AGBAZARA TEMPLE via email if you have any relationship problem at:

    ( agbazara@gmail.com )
    OR whatsapp or call him on +2348104102662

    ReplyDelete